Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Daddy

So I am supposed to fly home for Spring Break in a little over a week, and I was SO SO SO excited!!! I know, me being excited about being home is really weird, but I had good reason to be (which might come as a shock to anyone who knows me), my dad was going to be home! My dad works in Oman (a country located southeast of Saudi Arabia) and is home every other five weeks. Well my SB happened to land on the last week that my dad would be home before he left again. I cancelled my plans to spend SB in Mexico with a bunch of friends so I could come home. We even made plans to go up to San Francisco and everything!!

I was so happy and excited because I miss my dad. I miss him so much and it just makes me cry. Anyways, I called him today to talk about some stuff for the summer when he told me some devastating news-- He is leaving for work a week early. His boss person called him today and asked him to come in a week early, which means I will most likely not get to see him until May! He said he was going to talk to him work and see if he could leave the day after I get home so that I can at least see him, but still... I just want to hang out with him and spend some time with him.

When I was home over Christmas break life was perfect. I did not get in one fight with my parents, and life was just so much fun. I have finally learned how to appreciate my parents and I have finally allowed myself to trust them. I just wish that I could spend some time with my dad. I miss him so much and it kills me now that I hardly ever get to see him. When he first got home I almost asked him if I could come home for a weekend before SB but I knew he would say no and so I didn't even ask him, but now I wish I would have.

I just wish I could see my dad more often. I miss him and I love him. It makes me sad knowing that we have a decent relationship now and we cant even spend anytime together. I hope that I get to see him for at least a day when I go home. If not I don't get to see him until May, and that will kill me!