Monday, February 25, 2008

Other Peoples Lives

So my good friend got one of these blogs and so I started reading it. I even made it one of my home pages just so I could easily read about what was going on in her life. She never thinks her life is interesting or that great, but I love reading all of her blogs. I have read every single blog she has posted, on here and on Myspace. There is just something about reading about someone elses life that just makes me put mine into perspective. We both deal with very different situations in our lives, but I still feel like I have so much to learn from what she writes. I am very grateful I have a friend that is so open about things she only wishes people cared about. Im happy that I can be one of her friends that actually cares enough to read it, cause she's an amazing person!

Along with reading other people's blogs, I love walking down the street and passing people, only so I can listen to their conversations. I love hearing only a sentance or so and imagining the rest of their conversation. I was walking out of the dorms the other day and this girl was on the phone and all I heard was, "Well you need to ask him if you guys are just hook up buddies, dating, or if you guys are just friends." It was like 11 AM and it was just the funniest thing! Who talks about that that early, and in such a public place? It really is so much fun just trying to finish their conversations for them. It then makes me think I'm not the only weird one in this world.

Although I love doing both of those things, my true joy in life is just people watching. I love just sitting down on a bench or anyways basically that is really busy and just watching people. I know it sounds creepy, but its so much fun. My friend and I made up this game where we would pick out a person, observe them for a few minutes or whatever and then make up a story for their life. I feel like I am five again and these people are just characters in this book I call life. The other day I was sitting in the middle of the Hayden Lawn during the World Festival that ASU was hosting and it was the most spectacular thing I have EVER seen! There were people from all different countries and cultures and I almost started crying. Seeing how everyone interacted with each other and seeing all the different people and different activities was so magical. I am truly blessed to have witness something so amazing.

I know all of this sounds so extremely corny, or even a little creepy, but I dont care. I am so interested in other peoples lives because part of me is a little envious of them. My life is so chaotic and confusing and just complicated. I like to imagine that one day I could truly be happy like some of the people I see. But at the same time, I realize that everyone has crazy, chaotic lives and it makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one!

2 comments:

ohmygahitsdeb said...

sometimes I want to follow cars just to see where they are headed. I guess you're not completely abnormal... or we are both weird.

mid said...

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/120801023-dimdimaja