Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Daddy Pt. 2

My dad will be home this friday!! I am so excited to see him... which wont be for another 2 1/2 weeks unfortunately. Him and Jerie are going to come and pick me up from school on the 12th and then we are heading up to the Grand Canyon then home. They are spending a week in The Grand Caymons so instead of picking me up on the 8th they are picking me up on the 12th. I am totally fine with them picking me up a few days later because the dates I gave Jerie were wrong and so technically it is my fault our times conflict. But as excited as I am to see him I am so sad!! For the past couple of trips he has gone a week early so he has been spending four weeks home, six weeks there, instead of the five weeks on and off. Well he was going to do that again, but they asked him to come in and EXTRA week early, so we he will be home for only three weeks and gone for seven weeks!!!!!!!!

I just want to see my dad. I miss him. I want nothing more then to see him immediately!!! But the horrible thing about his trip is that I will only get to see my dad for 4 1/2 days while he is home. He is coming to pick me up so I will see him half of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Then he will be fishing with his brothers Friday, Saturday and Sunday and then he leaves on Monday. I get NO time with him while he is home this time and I am so upset.

When I was home for spring break I got to see him for two days only cause he convinced his supervisor to let him stay and extra day or two, but other then that, I have not seen my dad since the beginning of January. I miss him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a horrible breakdown last weekend because I miss him so badly, and now I will only get to see him for four days before he leaves for seven weeks! Thats almost two months!!!!!!!!! The only good thing is that after he gets back from the seven weeks, he should be home for the rest of my stay at home as long as nothing changes.

Jerie tried to calm me down by telling me that its not that big of a deal, but in reality, its a HUGE deal. Its not as bad for her as it is for me. Last time he was home she got four solid weeks with him practically alone. I got to see him for two days! This time he's home, she will get three solid weeks with him; two of which will be completely alone! I get to see him for four days! To me, this is a bigger deal than she thinks it is. Not only does she get to see him more, she talks to him EVERY day. The only time I get to talk to my dad is when I ask him to call me. I have to ask my dad to call me and he calls her every day. That kills me! The fact that I have to ask my own father to call me when he willingly calls his wife every day is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I should not have to ask my dad to call me!!

I know there is nothing I can do about him having such little time at home, but that does not make me feel any better. I know that he is working in Oman cause it is good for the family and it is not just a selfish thing on his part, but that does not help either. I just want to see him more then anything right now and I think I should be able to be upset that I wont get to see him hardly at all. I also know that as I get older and start my own life and my own family it wont be that big of a deal that I dont get to see him all the time, but thats not now, and that doesnt help anything. I took for granted the time I had with him when I actually lived with him and it eats at me every day. Now that I don't get to see him it makes me really sad.

Basically I just wish my dad didnt have to go in so early so we could spend more time with him. I miss him and I just want to spend some time with him.

1 comment:

SAS said...

Hey there! Call me when you get home--there's plenty goin on around here--in case your bored!